Welcome to CBT Clinic
We are a group of registered clinical psychologists operating a private practice in Wellington CBD.
We are all New Zealand trained psychologists, with extensive experience of working with adult mental health problems. We also have experience in supervising other therapists and training mental health professionals and other groups.
We offer specialised consultation for a range of issues including depression, anxiety, anger, sleep problems, adjustment to difficult life changes, alcohol and drug use, and bipolar disorder.
We primarily use Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) to help people build on their strengths and achieve improved relationships and personal and work functioning. You are welcome to call us to discuss whether our services are right for you.You are also welcome to have an initial appointment to assess whether you want to continue. We do not require a referral from a GP in order to see you.
Level two appointment information
For new clients
Please either email [email protected] requesting an appointment, or contact one of our psychologists directly via email.
For all clients
We are pleased to be able to resume face to face therapy under level 2, but will also continue to offer remote therapy (via applications such as Doxy.me, Zoom and WhatsApp) as an option. Just let us know your preference when making each booking. If you have an underlying condition that makes you vulnerable please request remote therapy.
If you would like to be seen face to face at the clinic under level 2 we will be happy to see you, provided that:
- If you are unwell or there is a chance you have been exposed to someone with suspected or confirmed covid-19, you stay home. We can still provide a remote session if you wish.
So, If you or anyone in your household or childcare bubble have any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, head cold (runny nose, sneezing, post-nasal drip), or loss of sense of smell;
OR if you or anyone in your household or childcare bubble has been contacted by the public health unit as a close contact with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case in the last 14 days; or been tested and awaiting results/ or found to be positive for the virus.
- By coming in you accept that we will have to provide your contact details to the Ministry of Health if required for public health contact tracing. This information would be: Date, Time, Name, Location and contact details (phone and email).
- Keep to social distancing guidelines
- You do not arrive until a couple of minutes before your appointment time.
For our part, we will:
- Keep to social distancing guidelines (one metre apart).
- Provide hand sanitiser
- Remove any potential sources of virus spread (water jug; magazines)
- Increase our cleaning of all surfaces, including between sessions, and clean all materials used by other clients e.g. pens, door handles.
- Observe handwashing guidelines
- Space out the chairs in the waiting room
Our building’s heating and aircon systems have been set to minimal recycled air.
AMI Plaza had conducted a ‘fogging’ process over all surfaces in the building. This involved spraying a thin layer of antimicrobial product that bonds to all surfaces, creating a protective layer for up to 30 days. The product is non-toxic.
Please note that if you are likely to need a drink of water you will need to bring a drink bottle while we are under Level 2.
And for a little inspiration about what can be achieved via video conferencing, have a look at this YouTube video (skip the ad) from the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra.
We are really pleased to be able to offer this continuity of service.
Meet our team